Memorial Day Safety Tips for Your Home
As we remember those service men and women who died protecting us, let us also do our part to take care of ourselves and the ones we love.
Here are a few safety tips for you as you go about your activities this Memorial Day. These are also tips to consider for going into summer where you may be planning vacations and other long periods away from home.
Home Security Safety Tips
General home security tips
- “Burglar-proof” your home. While you cannot fully eliminate a break-in, you can always in place measures to make it more difficult or to deter a criminal. These security solutions can include:
- Securing your window units so that this vulnerable area can prevent criminals from accessing your home by removing your window AC units.
Locking your doors and windows. You would be surprised at the number of homes left vulnerable due to an unlocked door. (Ask us about our remote door lock solutions).
- Securing your garden sheds and garages as well. Lock up your garden tools that could potentially be used to break into your house.
Staying at home
- If you’re going to grill or have fireworks, make sure your fire extinguishers have been serviced.
- Check for gas leaks to prevent a house fire
- Indoors, ensure your smoke detectors are all working and ready to notify you in case of an emergency.
Home security if leaving for the weekend
If you’re heading out of town for the Memorial Day weekend, then consider getting a Total Connect system installed. This will help you to keep track of everything at home without having to worry. Or opt for a professionally monitored security system. A monitored system will ensure that you also have an additional pair of eyes on your home.
ATP Alarms is urging you to be safe this Memorial Day weekend. Don’t let avoidable mistakes ruin your weekend. Use these Memorial Day safety tips and enjoy your holiday weekend.