How to Place Security Cameras for Maximum Impact
Security Cameras Can Save the Day – if you know how to use them and how to place them.
When you watch the news, you see how many burglars have been identified all over the city. And the main reason for that is the use of cameras. But, the only way they were able to do this is because of how they placed the cameras and where the cameras were placed for maximum impact.
What to consider when installing a security camera
- Lighting: You should review how well lit the area is. Will the cameras be able to pick up details? Are your cameras impeded by the lack of light and will you need to install more lights?
- Location: Is the area elevated risk and therefore needs a camera? Will anything block the line of sight of the camera when you install it.
- Height: If your cameras are too low, then it is easy for a criminal to adjust or tamper with it. You should consider what the best height is for your building and the type of camera you are using to keep it out of easy reach.
- Automation: Some cameras work with motion sensors to detect movement and then start recording. Or, they can continuously record and save the footage. Review and assess which type of surveillance would work best for your needs.
- Monitoring: Would using a UL monitoring station make more sense for your business or home. This is important if you’re not sure you will be able to monitor consistently.
- Connection: Can your surveillance camera be connected to your security system? And can you remotely access it to review what is happening in your space?
Why You Should Ask a Security Company for Help
Security technicians such as those employed by ATP Alarms are trained to ensure that security cameras work well for you. As part of their installation process, they will assess the areas that need to be covered and how best to monitor that specific area.
ATP Alarms is always strategic when helping our business and residential clients install their surveillance cameras and security systems. We pay attention to all these areas and more to ensure that they can make the best use of their camera at all times.
If you want an audit of your security system or would like to have a camera surveillance system installed at your home or business, give us a call. We are ready to help you protect what matters most.